Thursday, March 8, 2012

Taco Pasta

From: Here

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 pkg taco seasoning
15 oz tomato sauce
8 oz shell macaroni, cooked and drained
4 oz chopped green chilies
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

In a skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat. Drain and add taco seasoning, tomato sauce, and chilies. Stir in cooked macaroni. Place in a 9x13 pan. Top with cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until heated through.




What I did differently from the recipe:
Basically just substituted what I already had at home: I used venison instead of beef, mushroom pasta sauce, whole wheat penne, and I chopped green peppers instead of using the chilies.


What I'll do differently next time:
I might use less of the taco seasoning in the future. It was a tad spicy for my kids.


Verdict:
Thumbs up! Even though it was a little spicy for my kids they still ate a bunch of this. I loved it and didn't think it was too spicy. I will definitely be making this again in the future!! What an easy recipe to throw together.

No comments: