Friday, March 23, 2012

Spinach Minestrone

From: Taste of Home

Ingredients:
1 large onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
4 cups chicken broth
1 can (16 oz) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
2 medium carrots, sliced
1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed

In a saucepan coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute onion and garlic until tender. Add broth, beans, tomatoes, carrots, macaroni and oregano. Cook until vegetables and macaroni are tender, about 20 minutes. Stir in spinach, bring to a boil. Remove from heat; let stand for 5-10 minutes.

One cup serving equals 143 calories, 109 mg sodium, 2 mg cholesterol, 26 gm carbohydrate, 8 gm protein, 1 gm fat.

What I did differently from the recipe:
Nothing.

What I'll do differently next time:
Nothing.

Verdict:
Thumbs up! I'll definitely make this again. Sorry there is no picture to go with the recipe. It was a fantastic soup and the best part is my 18-month old loved it. I love recipes that are so healthy that my kids will eat! Highly recommend this one!  

No comments: