Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pasta Primavera

From: Taste of Home

Ingredients:
2 cups broccoli florets
1 can condensed cream of chicken or mushroom soup, undiluted
1 large carrot, julienned
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 garlic clove, minced
1/8 tsp pepper
3 cups cooked spaghetti 

In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until vegetables are tender, about 12 minutes. Stir in spaghetti; heat through.

One serving prepared with low-fat soup, skim milk and nonfat cheese:
238 calories
425 mg sodium
8 mg cholesterol
43 g carbohydrate
11 g protein
2 g fat
3 g fiber

 


What I did differently from the recipe:
Nothing.

What I'll do differently next time:
Nothing.

Verdict:
Neutral. I'm not a huge fan of the taste of Parmesan cheese, so this was a little too much for me. BUT, it is super easy, and actually my kids have chowed down on it so it can't really get any better than that. I would have liked this a lot except for the Parmesan, so I would recommend it for others to try. I actually liked this recipe better.







No comments: