Saturday, March 17, 2012

Baked Chicken Parmesan

From: Here

Ingredients:
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
hot red pepper flakes, to taste
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cups marinara sauce
1/4 cup chopped basil
8 oz mozzarella, shredded
4 oz Parmesan, grated
1 5-oz package garlic croutons


Coat the bottom of a 13x9 pan with the olive oil and garlic and red pepper flakes (optional). Put chicken breasts on top. Put marinara sauce on top. Sprinkle basil on top, then 4 oz mozzarella cheese, and sprinkle 2 oz parmesan on top. Sprinkle 5 oz croutons on top. Add 4 oz mozzarella cheese and 2 oz parmesan. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until chicken is done.


What I did differently from the recipe:
Nothing.

What I'll do differently next time:
I would cover it with foil the next time. After 40 minutes, my chicken still wasn't done but my croutons were burning. I covered it with foil and continued cooking it and they were fine, but I wish I had known that before this became a "blackened" dish.

Verdict:
Thumbs up. Stephen and I both agreed this was not the best chicken parmesan recipe EVER, but it certainly was easy to make, and I only had to buy the croutons, so it was cheap to make as well. I'll make it again in the future, but I will definitely be covering it for the first 30 minutes or so!

No comments: