Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Tender 'N' Tangy Ribs

From: Taste of Home

Ingredients:
3/4 to 1 cup vinegar
1/2 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp ground mustard
1 tsp paprika
salt and pepper
2 lbs pork spareribs
1 Tbsp vegetable oil

Combine the first nine ingredients in a slow cooker. Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; brown in a skillet in oil. Transfer to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until tender.



Verdict:
Thumbs up! I enjoyed the flavor of these. My only problem is that I used about 3.5 pounds of ribs and I think I should have doubled the sauce. My whole family loved these and they like pretty bland flavorings, so they liked this. It wasn't overwhelming but there was definitely a tangy taste every time you took a bite. And the ribs were falling apart after about 6 hours. I would definitely make this again in the future, just double up on the yummy sauce! 

No comments: