Friday, May 2, 2014

Homemade Banana Protein Muffins

I created this recipe based off the ingredients I had on hand and other recipes I had seen.

Ingredients:
Raw bananas, 100g (this is about 1 medium banana)
Peanut butter, 3.5 Tbsp (I used honey roasted, creamy by Peter Pan)
Flour, 1/2 cup (I used King Arthur white whole wheat)
Vanilla protein powder, 40 g (about 1/2 scoop; I used Forza)
1 egg
Coconut oil, 10g (almost 1 tablespoon)

Mix all ingredients together and bake at 375 F for 15-20 minutes. You may want to adjust your oven higher and cook for fewer minutes. This was my first time making these and I was just testing the temperature.






Verdict:
These were good. They were a little bit dry but nothing a small pat of butter couldn't help! I think next time I would add a little water or maybe an extra egg to make them more moist. Also I just realized I should have had two bananas, which probably would have helped. They were still yummy though!

Nutrition information: (per muffin)
148 calories
13g of carbs
8g of fat
7g of protein

The original recipe that made me crave these for breakfast is:
200g of banana (2 bananas)
50g almond butter
60g coconut flour
15g vanilla protein powder
1 medium egg
10g coconut oil

No comments: