Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Chocolate Protein Mug Cake

From: Recapture Fitness

Ingredients:
1 scoop protein powder (chocolate)
2 tsp coconut flour (I used white-wheat)
1/4 tsp baking powder
sweetener of choice (I added two packets of Great Value no calorie sweetner; their version of Splenda)
2 tsp unsweetened cocoa (I did not add this)
2 egg whites
1 tsp coconut oil
1 Tbsp almond milk (I used 1% milk)
1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix all ingredients together well in mug.  Cook mug in microwave for 45-60 sec.



Verdict:
Thumbs up! The website I got the recipe from added a peanut butter fluff to the top. I added Smuckers caramel topping because - YUM! I also overcooked it so it was a little dry but the caramel topping made up for that!

Nutrition info: (based on my ingredients)
Calories: 205
Carbs: 10g
Fat: 7g
Protein: 24g

No comments: