Thursday, May 1, 2014

Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich

From: Macheesemo

Ingredients:
English muffins (I used Arnold sandwich thins that are made with flax and fiber)
Eggs
Cheese (I used store brand cheddar cheese)
I also used Jennie-O turkey bacon

Grab a muffin tin and crack an egg into each tin. The blog where I got the recipe from used a dozen (she was freezing them) but I only did four at a time. Make sure you spray with nonstick spray or spread with butter first!

Cook at 350 F for 10-15 minutes. Toast your bread if you like (I didn't).

After I cooked my eggs for about 10 minutes I added half a slice of cooked turkey bacon, crumbled, on top and cooked another 3 minutes. I sprinkled a quarter ounce of cheese on one bun, topped it with the egg and bacon, and then put the other side of the bun on top. I cooked it for another 5 minutes just to get it all toasty and melt the cheese.





Verdict:
Thumbs up! Trying to get more protein in my breakfast so this was perfect. You'll notice I had two eggs on my sandwich - that's because I used the sandwich thins instead of an English muffin. I will definitely be making these again. Check out the original recipe website for ways to freeze these!

*Macros noted are for the ingredients I used but only one egg, not the two I ended up using*

Calories: 213
Carbs: 21
Fat: 9
Protein: 14

No comments: