Friday, February 28, 2014

Honey Barbecue Sauce

From: Taste of Home

Ingredients:
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
2 Tbsp brown sugar 
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp molasses
1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp mustard
1 minced garlic clove
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/8 tsp pepper

In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Serve with chicken or pork.



Verdict:
Thumbs up! I didn't have any tomato sauce on hand, so I used Progresso Recipe Starters - fire roasted tomatoes. I left out the molasses because I am out. I used powdered mustard instead of liquid - not sure if it matters or not. I poured half the sauce over 6 chicken tenderloins and cooked them at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. I pulled them out of the oven, flipped them over, poured the rest of the sauce on them, and cooked them another 10 minutes.

No comments: