- 10 soft taco shells
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan.
- Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to boil, you don't want curdled sour cream.
- Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.
Thumbs up! Oh my gracious, these are divine. I made them one time last year and made them almost once a week for a few weeks. So good! They really aren't that spicy so don't let the chilies scare you. If you go to the original blog, she has a lot of other suggestions as well, such as substituting the sour cream or making these into freezer meals. Will keep making these for sure!