Monday, February 3, 2014

Sweet and Tangy Chicken

From: Syrup and Biscuits

Ingredients:
8 chicken thighs 
1 package dry french onion soup mix
1 (8 oz bottle) Russian dressing
1 small jar of apricot preserves or about a cupful

Mix all ingredients, except chicken, in a bowl.
Place chicken pieces in a baking pan. Sprinkle with pepper. No extra salt is needed.
Pour sauce over chicken and make sure it’s coated well.
Roast uncovered at 400 degrees for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes until chicken is done. Baste several times during cooking.


Verdict:
Thumbs up. This wasn't my favorite recipe for chicken ever, but it was incredibly simple, cheap, and my family liked it. You can't go wrong with a recipe with so few ingredients and such little leg work!! I'll probably make this again in the future, maybe not using an entire package of the french onion mix because I think my husband would prefer it without so much onion flavor.

No comments: