Monday, September 14, 2009

Sweet BBQ Crockpot Ribs

Ingredients:
3-1/2 lbs pork loin back ribs
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup cola beverage
2/3 cup barbecue sauce


Cut ribs into 2 or 3 rib portions and place in slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and pour cola over. Cover crockpot and cook on low for 8-9 hours until the ribs are tender.


Drain liquid and discard. Pour barbecue sauce into crockpot and mix so ribs are coated.


Cover crockpot and cook on low 1 hour until ribs are glazed.


What I did differently from the recipe:
We had beef ribs in the freezer, so I used those instead of pork. I almost used cherry Pepsi instead of regular but I wasn't brave enough. I really don't think the taste would have changed much. I used Smoked Hickory BBQ sauce because that's what we had open. I also squeezed ketchup in the crockpot with the sauce, about two squeezes. Then I put about a teaspoon of liquid smoke in there, because I love that flavor!

What I'll do differently next time:
Nothing.

Verdict:
Thumbs up!! This was the easiest thing ever (love the crockpot!) and it was so delicious. The ribs were really juicy and the flavor was incredible! I highly recommend this recipe for you guys that don't have time to fix dinner after work!

No comments: