Friday, September 11, 2009

Chicken Pot Pie

Ingredients:
1 can (10 3/4 oz) Campbell's Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1 pkg (about 9 oz) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1 cup cubed cooked chicken
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1 cup Bisquick


Preheat oven to 400. In 9" pie plate, mix soup, vegetables, and chicken.


Mix milk, egg and baking mix. Pour over chicken mixture.


Bake 30 minutes or until golden.


What I did differently from the recipe:
Besides not measuring, nothing. I had some leftover chicken from the chicken noodle soup, so I just threw that in there along with however many veggies fell out of the bag as I shook it. Not very scientific!

What I'll do differently next time:
Nothing.

Verdict:
Thumbs UP! This was one of the easiest recipes I've ever done, and it was surprisingly good! I have been spoiled for years by mom's chicken pot pie (easily the best ever) so I didn't think this would satisfy me. I was surprised at how good it was - in fact, Stephen finally told me to quit telling him how good it was. It probably took all of 5 minutes to dump in all the ingredients, and then just about 25 to cook it. Great for when you're in a hurry!

1 comment:

Kaitlin said...

i am definitely going to try this!