Friday, November 4, 2011

Zucchini Fritters

From: An old email recipe newsletter

Ingredients:
5 Tbsp. Bisquick
1/4 tsp. salt
2 eggs, beaten
2 c. zucchini, grated
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
1/8 tsp. pepper
2 Tbsp. butter (or more if needed)

Blend Bisquick, Parmesan, salt and pepper. Add eggs. Mix zucchini into batter. Grease hot pan or griddle with butter. Pour batter into pan and fry 3 minutes on each side. Serve warm.


What I did differently from the recipe:
I accidentally shredded my zucchini instead of grating it. I think if I had grated it, Brianna would have eaten it, but the big shreds of zucchini really didn't look appetizing. Didn't bother me though!

What I'll do differently next time:
Grate it!

Verdict:
Thumbs up. Only Hunter and I really ate these and I thought they were good (although they did have a very strong salty flavor for some reason) but I probably won't make them again if half my family doesn't like them. I do strongly recommend them for people who like zucchini and things like potato pancakes, as they are a lot like those.

No comments: