Friday, November 4, 2011

Slow-Cooked Mac and Cheese

From: Taste of Home

Ingredients:
1 package (16 oz) elbow macaroni
1/2 cup stick margarine, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
1 cup milk
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1/8 teaspoon paprika

Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Place in a slow cooker; add margarine. In a bowl, combine the eggs, evaporated milk, soup, milk and 3 cups cheese. Pour over macaroni mixture; stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Cook 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with paprika.


What I did differently from the recipe:
I just realized I only used 8 oz of elbow macaroni and didn't change anything else about the recipe. Look at that cheesy goodness!!

What I'll do differently next time:
Nothing.

Verdict:
Thumbs up! This was such a good recipe. ALMOST as good as my Granny's homemade macaroni and cheese! Stephen didn't like it as much as this macaroni and cheese but he said it was because baking it makes it a little crisper on top and he likes that. I do too, but this is just so convenient to make ahead of time and so delicious! I wonder if I could put bread crumbs on top in the last few minutes to make it a little crispy? Highly recommend this recipe!

No comments: