Friday, November 4, 2011

Nacho Potato Soup

From: Taste of Home

Ingredients:
1 package au gratin potatoes
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
2 cups water
2 cups milk
2 cups cubed process American cheese
Dash hot pepper sauce, optional
Minced fresh parsley, optional

In a 3-quart saucepan, combine the contents of the potato package, corn, tomatoes and water; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add milk, cheese, and hot pepper sauce if desired; cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley if desired.

What I did differently from the recipe:
I couldn't find cubed process American cheese to save my life (only to find out later it is Velveeta) so I used a block of cheddar cheese and sliced it into the soup.

What I'll do differently next time:
Nothing.

Verdict:

Thumbs up! A little spicy but a great taste! I knew I'd like it because my mom made it before and I got the recipe from her. I would definitely make this again in the future! Sorry, no pictures.

No comments: