Friday, November 4, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie

From: My Mom

Ingredients:
2-3 chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can chicken broth
1 can mixed vegetables, drained
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 stick melted margarine
1 cup milk

Boil the chicken breasts until done. Shred or cut into small pieces and place in a 13x9 dish. In a bowl, mix the soups, broth and vegetables. Stir and pour over chicken. Mix together the flour, baking powder, margarine and milk. Pour over the chicken and soup mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until golden brown on top.


What I did differently from the recipe:
Nothing.

What I'll do differently next time:
Nothing.

Verdict:
Thumbs up! (I assume.) I had actually never made this recipe and made it for a church member who is sick. I assume it turned out great because I have never had Mom's chicken pot pie that wasn't incredible. It is one of those comfort foods for me and I highly recommend it!!

No comments: