Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Chicken and Biscuits

From: Kraft Foods magazine

Ingredients:
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup sour cream, divided
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 16-oz package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
1 cup baking mix
3 Tbsp milk

Heat oven to 375. Mix soup and 1/2 cup sour cream in 8-inch square baking dish. Add chicken, vegetables and cheese; mix. Place baking mix in medium bowl. Add remaining 1/4 cup sour cream and milk; stir until stiff dough forms. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls into 6 mounds over chicken mixture. Bake 35 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and chicken mixture is hot and bubbly.



What I did differently from the recipe:
I didn't use the whole bag of vegetables - maybe half the bag or a little more. My baking dish filled up really quickly after I put the chicken in! I only needed to cook mine about 30 minutes until it was done.

What I'll do differently next time:
Nothing.

Verdict:
Thumbs up! Such an easy recipe and I love chicken pie like this. I'm not even sure Stephen has ever eaten chicken pot pie in his life and he enjoyed this recipe. In my opinion this is a kid pleaser too, if your kids love vegetables as much as mine do. They don't really care for the chicken but I'm okay with that!! Will definitely make this again in future and highly recommend it to other people.

My apologies for the picture of leftovers - that's how quickly it went!

No comments: