Monday, October 31, 2011

K.C. Baked Beans

From: Southern Living

Ingredients:
2 15-oz cans pork and beans, drained
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
3/4 cup barbecue sauce
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup golden raisins
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground red pepper
3 bacon slices, halved

Stir together first 8 ingredients in a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish; top evenly with bacon. Bake at 350 for one hour.


What I did differently from the recipe:
Nothing.

What I'll do differently next time:
Use less barbecue sauce - maybe 1/2 cup instead.

Verdict:
Big thumbs up! Seriously, have you ever seen a baked bean recipe that had apples and raisins in it? I haven't. I loved these beans and my kids did as well (hubby didn't even attempt to eat them!) The only thing was I felt like there was too much barbecue sauce, but it didn't make it taste bad, I just used a slotted spoon to serve these beans. A recipe that I will definitely make again in the future!

No comments: