Thursday, October 6, 2011

Smoked Sausage Soup

From: Here

Ingredients:
1 lb cooked smoked sausage, sliced and halved
1 lb medium pasta shells
4 cups beef broth
2 cups water
2 8-oz cans tomato sauce
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
2 cups frozen corn
2 large baking potatoes, sliced and halved
1 clove of garlic
1/2 tsp parsley
salt and pepper

In a large stock pot, pour in the broth and water and bring to a boil. Once it begins to boil stir in all remaining ingredients. This should simmer for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.

What I did different from the recipe:
I used rotini pasta. I used red potatoes instead of baking potatoes. I left out the corn because all the corn I had on hand had butter added and I thought it would taste gross.

What I'll do differently next time:
Nothing.

Verdict:
Up in the air? I said I wasn't a big fan of this. But the four other people who tasted it said they loved it, and ate multiple bowls of it. Obviously it is a very easy recipe, which I love. I would recommend that you at least try it - looks like I'm the loner on not loving this recipe!

No comments: