Saturday, October 29, 2011

Crockpot Barbecue

From: Here

Ingredients:
6 lb. pork butt
1 18-oz bottle barbecue sauce
1 Tbsp. onion flakes
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
2 drops hickory liquid smoke
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1 c. Coke
2-3 tsp. brown sugar

Cook the pork butt on low in the crock pot from noon until the next morning. Shred the meat and remove fat. Mix the remaining ingredients and add it to the shredded pork. Return all of this to the crock pot and cook 3 to 4 hours on low.



What I did differently from the recipe:
I didn't do anything that differently, but here's what I did. My pork butt (that keeps making me laugh) was just about 3.5 pounds. I didn't measure anything, just dumped all the ingredients in. I cooked the roast for six hours and didn't have time to shred it before adding all the ingredients. It didn't matter in the end.

What I'll do differently next time:
Nothing.

Verdict:
Major thumbs up! Stephen said he'd eat this once a week if I'd make it. I eat it on sandwiches, he doesn't, and it's great either way. I used KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce, flavor of Smoky Bourbon. Stephen dipped his in Budweiser honey BBQ sauce some and he said that was delicious too. He commanded me to not lose this recipe. I think we can call this one a winner. Highly recommend!

No comments: