Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Easy Cheesy Chili Dip

From: Philadelphia Cream Cheese Box

Ingredients:
1 8-oz package cream cheese
1 10.5-oz can chili
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 Tbsp chopped cilantro

Place unwrapped block of cream cheese on microwaveable plate; top with chili and cheese. Microwave on high 45 seconds to 1 minute, until cheese melts. Sprinkle with cilantro.

----------------------------------------------------
When we lived in Charleston, a girlfriend of mine gave me this recipe and I use it all. the. time. Usually I make the recipe as directed and then put it in a small crockpot to keep it warm. Trust me, this recipe will be the talk of the party. It's so simple and it's usually the first thing totally gone when I serve it. I love it with tortilla chips but it'll go with pretty much any kind of cracker. Or just by itself. Whatever.

P.S. I leave off the cilantro - not sure if it would really alter the flavor or not.

No comments: