Thursday, January 9, 2014

Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate (My Favorite Single-Serve)

From: Just a Pinch

Ingredients:
1 cup milk
3 Tbsp cocoa powder
2 tsp caramel topping
1/4 tsp coarse sea salt
1/2 tsp sugar
whipped cream

Pour caramel topping into a mug. Pour 1 cup milk and 3 tbsp cocoa powder into a sauce pan, stir then heat until hot and frothy. Pour cocoa mixture into mug, add sugar then stir (can use more or less sugar. the amount provided will make a slightly bitter hot chocolate). Add whip cream then top with about 1/8th tsp of sea salt, and drizzle with more caramel sauce!


Verdict:
Thumbs up! My new favorite recipe. This one is a more bitter flavor of chocolate than other homemade cocoas I've tried. I added about a teaspoon more sugar than what is in the recipe and it was perfect to me. This is awesome for when you're just craving cocoa and you don't want to make a huge batch or you've run out of the store-bought stuff.  

No comments: