Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Honey Chipotle Meatballs

From: Fast Paleo

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 pound of ground beef
  • 1/2 pound of ground pork
  • salt and pepper
  • 2 T of coconut aminos
  • 3 T of raw honey
  • 1 T of finely mince chipotle in adobo peppers

  • Mix together beef and pork. Add salt and pepper. Make into Tablespoon-size meatballs. In large skillet over medium heat cook the meatballs until browned and cooked through. Remove meatballs and add in aminos, honey and chipotle. Bring to a bubble. Add back in the meatballs and toss till sauce is thickened and meatballs are well coated.

    Verdict:
    Thumbs up, although this isn't my favorite meatball recipe ever. I love sweet and spicy things, so I did like these. I couldn't find coconut aminos anywhere so I had to leave those out. I think a coconut flavor would be a great addition to this, though. I also didn't make my own meatballs, I used regular frozen meatballs. Very simple!

    No comments: