Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Barbecued Chicken Wings Bahama

From: Cooking With Heinz Ketchup

Ingredients:
2 lbs chicken wings
2/3 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp lime juice
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp red pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder

Cut off wing tips and discard; cut each wing in half at joint. Place wings on broiler rack. Bake in 400 degree oven 40 minutes, turning once. Meanwhile, combine ketchup, lime juice, brown sugar, allspice, red pepper and garlic powder; brush on wings. Broil 2-3 minutes. Turn wings and brush with sauce. Broil an additional 2-3 minutes.




Verdict:
Not too bad. I used chicken breasts, cut them into tenders, and marinated them in the sauce in a ziploc bag for a couple of hours before dinner. Then I cooked them in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes. They were perfectly done. I felt like these were a little too "spice-y" for me. Not spicy, spice-y. I could really taste the allspice. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't my favorite chicken recipe ever. With that being said, the kids totally devoured it, so maybe I should do this for a weekday lunch every so often. P.S. Sorry the pictures look kind of gross.

No comments: