Tuesday, October 9, 2012

NY Baked Ziti

From: My friend Lora

Ingredients:
1 lb ground chuck
1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 8-oz can tomato sauce
1/2 tsp dried leaf basil, crumbled
1/2 tsp dried leaf oregano, crumbled
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
8 oz ziti, cooked and drained
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided

Saute ground beef, onion and green bell pepper in a large skillet until onion is tender and beef is lightly browned. Drain off excess fat; add tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir well, stir in ziti and 1 cup of the cheese; transfer to a 2 1/2-quart casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.



Verdict:
Neutral. I've got several other pasta recipes in my repertoire that I enjoy more than this one so I probably won't make it again. Not bad, just didn't seem to have a lot of flavor to me.

No comments: