Friday, June 15, 2012

Glazed Pork Chops

From: Here

Ingredients:
4 thick cut pork chops
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cayenne powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl combine the brown sugar and spices (salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika and garlic powder or whatever spice blend you like). Remove the pork chops from their package and rub the brown sugar/spice mix all over both sides. Use all of the spice mix. Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a skillet over medium/high heat. When the oil is nice and hot (it will look wavy in the pan), add the pork chops. Cook the chops for about 5 minutes on each side or until they are nicely browned. If you are using an oven safe skillet, place the skillet in the oven for an additional 5 minutes to make sure they are cooked through. If your skillet is not oven safe (most plastic handled skillets and teflon are not safe in the oven), transfer the chops to a baking sheet lined with foil then place in the oven. Remove the chops from the oven and drag each side around in the thick glaze that has formed around the chops in the pan prior to serving.


Please note: I always cook my pork chops 5 minutes on each side in a skillet as this directs, but then it usually takes 25 minutes of cooking in a 325 degree oven for them to be completely done. Do what works best for you.


Verdict:
Thumbs up! Every time I make pork chops I make Stephen's one way and then I try a new recipe for myself. I'm not the biggest fan of pork chops but I love trying new recipes!  Last night I needed a recipe for myself in a hurry so I headed to Pinterest of course! I found this recipe within a couple of minutes and had all the ingredients for it so of course I tested it out! I am really happy with it. It is a great sweet rub, super easy to do, and tasted great. Mine didn't make quite as much glaze as you will see on her blog, but it was still very yummy. I would do this again and maybe make a little more of the rub - I only used it on two pork chops and I wouldn't have minded having more of that glaze.

No comments: