Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Pork Chops #1 - Breaded

If your house is anything like my house, you've got people who like certain foods, but prepared different ways. One of those foods in our house is pork chops. I like mine in a honey garlic sauce, and Stephen likes his breaded. That's why you get two recipes in one! It's super easy to do them both at the same time, too. So if you just want to try them both at once, it'll be simple!

Ingredients:
pork chops (we usually use 4 for the two of us)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 T milk
1 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan
2 T parsley
2 T olive oil
minced garlic

Heat oven to 325. In one bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.


In the other bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan, and parsley.


Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in as much minced garlic as you like (or none). Cook for two minutes and remove garlic.


Dip the pork chops in egg mixture, then crumb mixture.


Brown in the skillet for 5 minutes on each side.



Place in the oven for 25 -30 minutes. I wrap ours in aluminum foil just because it's easy cleanup, but I think it holds the juices better too.


What I did differently from the recipe:
I used to remove the garlic after cooking it because the recipe said to. But we love garlic, so for years now I've left it in to cook onto the pork chops. I can't really tell a difference either way except that it's a lot of work to scoop out all that garlic!


What I'll do differently next time:
Nothing at all.


Verdict: Thumbs up! This is a quick, easy, go-to recipe at our house!

No comments: