- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 5 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (more if fresh)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 to 9 ounces fresh or frozen tortellini (cheese or meat filled)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Black pepper, to taste
Add the stock, basil, bay leaf, tomatoes, and salt to the pot. Increase the heat and bring the mixture to a low boil. Add the tortellini and bring the soup back to a low boil. Cook it for 2 minutes, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 5 to 6 minutes longer. Gently stir in the parsley and pepper during the last minute or so. Makes about 5 servings.
Thumbs up! Oh my goodness, what a simple and delicious recipe! I love tortellini soups. I didn't change a thing about this recipe and I wouldn't in the future either. Highly recommend!!