Thursday, May 31, 2012

Nutella Swirl Brownies

From: Mixed together a recipe from here and here

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 square unsweetened chocolate
1 square semi-sweet chocolate
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup Nutella

Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until soft and creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs and chocolate, mixing well. Add flour to butter mixture, mixing well. Spoon batter into an 8-inch square pan. Heat the Nutella for about 20 seconds in a small bowl in the microwave, just enough to soften it enough to swirl over the batter. Drop by the spoonful over the batter, swirling it a bit with the spoon or the tip of a knife. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until just set and the edges are starting to pull away from the sides of the pan.


Verdict:
Thumbs up! Oh, delicious! I wanted to make Nutella swirl brownies but I didn't have the amount of baking chocolate called for in this recipe. So I looked through my old brownies recipes and found this one. It only called for 2 oz of baking chocolate so I used my only ounce of unsweetened and one ounce of semisweet. These brownies are so yummy! The Nutella doesn't stand out a ton but it does add a nice texture and flavor to the brownies. These brownies are so yummy too, very chewy and delicious! I definitely recommend this recipe, or the original Nutella-swirl recipe even though I haven't tested that one yet. I'll test it in the future, I assure you. :)

No comments: