Monday, May 7, 2012

Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

From: Here

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup Nutella

 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, continue to beat until well combined. Place flour and baking soda into a bowl; mix to combine then add slowly to wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips. Scoop a large spoonful of dough and flatten it into the palm of your hand. Add in some nutella into the middle, about 1-2 tsp. Then fold cookie dough back up so that it seals and covers the nutella entirely. Bake for about 10-14 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove and let cool for a few minutes before serving.

Looking like regular ol' cookies:


*Droooool*


 "Nom, nom, nom!"


What I did differently from this recipe:
Well, at first I halved the recipe because usually cookie recipes make so many. Unfortunately, though, I was supposed to be making these as a dessert for my parents after lunch tomorrow... by bedtime there were only two cookies left! Oops. So I made some more, and this time I did NOT cut the recipe in half. I believe the halved recipe made 10-12, but it would definitely depend on how large you make your cookies. The original author of this recipe stated that the original recipe made a dozen cookies for her.

Verdict:
A resounding thumbs up! I had heard of Nutella before, mainly because my college roomie was obsessed with it but I never actually tried it until last week at my parent's house. Mom and I had both gotten a very good price on Nutella and she told me I just had to try it. After one spoonful - I knew these cookies were our destiny for this week's lunch! Go make them. Now.

No comments: