Friday, January 20, 2012

Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup

I was cooking a recipe last night and wanted to substitute cream of chicken soup for cream of mushroom... only to find that I didn't have any in the pantry! Well, I'd been wanting to make my own for some time anyway, so here was my chance.

I took a recipe from here and a recipe from here and put them together. Here is how mine turned out:

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp flour
3 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup milk
salt (to taste)
pepper (to taste)
garlic powder (to taste)
onion powder (to taste)
parsley (just a dash)


Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. When melted, whisk in the flour and continue whisking until smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat and slowly whisk in the chicken broth and milk. Return to heat and bring to a gentle boil, whisking constantly, until the soup thickens. Add in spices. Makes equal to one can of soup.

Easy peasy!!

No comments: