Friday, January 13, 2012

Glazed BBQ Meatballs

From: ??

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Barbecue sauce
1/2 cup grape jelly
36 frozen meatballs, unthawed

Combine barbecue sauce and jelly in large saucepan. Heat until jelly melts.

Stir in meatballs. Simmer, covered, about 5 minutes until meatballs are heated through.

What I did differently from the recipe:
I have made these with all kinds of barbecue sauce - original, honey, tangy, etc. but I have never used anything other than plain grape jelly. I almost stepped out and used muscadine grape jelly tonight when I made them but I was scared what flavor it would be. Also, it always takes my meatballs closer to 10 minutes to really heat all the way through. I just use the plain frozen meatballs.

Verdict:
Thumbs up! This is such an easy, go-to favorite of mine! I've been making this recipe for years and can't believe I didn't have it on this blog. It's the type of recipe that you can make at the last minute and you pretty much always have at least the BBQ sauce and jelly on hand anyway. Definitely recommend this one for parties and appetizers!

No comments: