Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Blackberry Freezer Jam

From: Sure-Jell box

Ingredients:
3 cups crushed blackberries, about 6 cups whole blackberries
5 1/4 cups sugar
1 box Sure-Jell
3/4 cup water

Mash berries with a potato masher one cup at a time. Add sugar to crushed fruit. Stir and allow to sit for ten minutes. Put pectin and 3/4 C water into a sauce pan. Bring to a boil stirring constantly. Boil for one minute. Add mixture to berries and stir for about three minutes until sugar is dissolved. Pour into containers. Allow to sit at room temperature for 24 hours to set. Keeps in the refrigerator for about three weeks or up to a year in the freezer.


I was cleaning out our freezer and came across all these blackberries that we picked with my parents last year. I thawed them out yesterday and decided I had enough to make jam. I've never made freezer jam before, only "pantry" jam, so we'll see how this turns out. It certainly looks yummy! And how easy was that!

No comments: