Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Baked Penne

From: Here

Ingredients:
1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 cup each, chopped onions and green peppers
1 jar (24 oz) spaghetti sauce
1 tub Philadelpha cooking creme, Italian cheese and herb
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
3 cups cooked penne pasta

Heat oven to 350. Brown meat with vegetables in a large skillet. Stir in spaghetti sauce, 3/4 cup cooking creme and 1/2 cup mozzarella; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Add pasta; mix lightly. Spoon into 2-qt casserole dish, top with remaining cooking creme and mozzarella. Cover. Bake 20 minutes or until heated through, uncovering after 15 minutes.



What I did differently from the recipe:
I honestly never read which cooking creme to used, and just realized it said to use Italian cheese and herb. I used Sante Fe because I thought I was supposed to. Alas!!

What I'll do differently next time:
Nothing.

Verdict:
Thumbs UP!!! This was incredible! I know I wasn't supposed to use the Santa Fe blend but it was such an awesome mixture of tastes! It was a little spicy, and the second plate I had, I ate all the pasta first, and then broke out the tortilla chips and used it as a dip! It was seriously so good. I will definitely be making this again!!

No comments: