Monday, September 5, 2011

Garlic Bread

From: My breadmaker cookbook

Ingredients: (1 lb loaf)
3/4 cup water, 80 degrees
2 cups bread flour
2 tsp dry milk
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp dried parsley flakes
1-2 1/2 tsp (to taste) garlic powder
2 tsp, cut into 4 pieces of butter
1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast or 1 tsp fast rise yeast

Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer (usually liquid first, then dry ingredients, then put the butter pats in the four corners, then put the yeast in a well in the middle. Cook according to your bread machine's manual.

Ingredients (1 1/2 lb loaf)
1 cup + 2 Tbsp water, 80 degrees
3 cups bread flour
1 Tbsp dry milk
1 Tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
1 1/2 - 3 tsp (to taste) garlic powder
1 Tbsp, cut into 4 pieces, of butter
2 tsp active dry yeast or 1 1/2 tsp fast rise yeast

What I did differently from the recipe:
Nothing.

What I'll do differently next time:
Nothing.

Verdict:

Thumbs up!! Another hit with the bread machine! I made this one night when my sister and family came over for pizza, so no pictures were taken. I put in 2 tsp of garlic powder and it was perfect for me, but I do love my garlic. This is such a tasty bread for Italian night!!

No comments: