Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Corn Chowder

From: "From Soup to Nuts" cookbook

Ingredients:
1 can (1 lb) cream-style corn
2 cups milk
1 can (10 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce
paprika

Empty can of corn into saucepan; add milk. Add soup; blend thoroughly. Bring to boiling point over low heat, stirring frequently. Just before serving, stir in salt and hot pepper sauce. Sprinkle with paprika.

What I did differently from the recipe:
I left out the sale and hot pepper sauce.

What I'll do differently next time:
Nothing.

Verdict:
Thumbs up! You honestly can't get any easier than this. I opened the cans and my 2-year old poured them in, as well as the milk. Then the only work I had to do was stir! The soup was delicious - I love the blend of corn and mushrooms, and it definitely didn't taste like it was a 3-ingredient soup. I'll be making this again when I'm in a hurry!!

No comments: