Saturday, August 20, 2011

Old-Fashioned White Bread


From: My bread maker's cookbook

Ingredients: (1 lb loaf)
6 oz (3/4 cup) milk
2 cups bread flour
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp butter, cut into 4 pieces
1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast or 1 tsp fast rise yeast

Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Cook according to your bread machine's manual.

Ingredients (1 1/2 lb loaf)
9 oz (1 cup + 2 Tbsp) milk
3 cups bread flour
1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp butter, cut into 4 pieces
2 tsp active dry yeast or 1 1/2 tsp fast rise yeast

What I did differently from the recipe:
Nothing.

What I'll do differently next time:
Make the larger loaf so I don't run out of bread so quickly!!

Verdict:
Thumbs UP! So easy and so scrumptious! I will definitely be making this again! I don't even want to make bread by hand again or even buy it from the store again...

No comments: