Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Raspberry Almond Jammies

From: Womans Day

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp almond extract
1 cup raspberry jam or seedless raspberry preserves

Heat oven to 350. Line several baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Beat the butter and sugar in a large bown until light and fluffy. Add the egg and almond extract, and beat to combine. With the mixer on low, gradually add the flour mixture, mixing just until incorporated. With floured hands, divide the dough into 8 portions, about 1/3 cup each, and roll into 3/4-inch thick logs (about 10 inches long); transfer to baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart. Using the handle of a long wooden spoon, make an indent down the length of each log and fill with the jam. Bake until the logs are set and lightly browned around the edges, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer the logs to a cutting board and let cool for 10 minutes. Cut logs diagonally into 1-inch thick cookies.

What I did differently from this recipe:
Halved it as soon as I saw at the top of the recipe - "Makes 72." Yowza!! Also, I didn't have enough raspberry jam for this recipe so I used some raspberry-blackberry jam from Brevard's farmer's market. Yum! Thanks mom and dad!

What I'll do differently next time:
Really the only thing I'd change is I wish the indent down the length of the long was a little wider. There is more cookie than jam on most of the cookies and I love the jam more than the cookie. But that's just me!

Verdict:
Thumbs up! These were so fast to make and I absolutely love recipes where you already have everything on hand. So good!

No comments: