Friday, March 4, 2011

Cheesy Spaghetti Bake

From: Taste of Home

Ingredients:
1 lb uncooked spaghetti, broken into 3-inch pieces
4 lbs ground beef
2 large onions, chopped
1 large green pepper, chopped
4 cups milk
4 cans condensed tomato soup, undiluted
2 cans condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided



Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and place in two greased 13x9 baking dishes; set aside. In two Dutch ovens or stockpots, cook the beef, onions and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. To each pot, add 2 cups of milk, two cans of tomato soup, one can of mushroom soup and 1 cup of cheese. Bring to a boil. Spoon over spaghetti. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly and the tops are lightly browned.


What I did differently from the recipe:
First of all, I halved it, but I also only used 1 can of tomato soup instead of two because I didn't have two cans in the pantry. I left out the onions because Stephen doesn't like onions.

What I'll do differently next time:
I would use two cans of tomato soup next time, just to really have that tomato flavor. And throw in onions because I love them!

Verdict:
Thumbs up! My picky eater didn't like this but me and Brianna loved it! (Yes, my adult husband is my picky eater!) At least he tried it! To me, you can't go wrong with spaghetti, cheese, and meat, and everything else was just bonus. I might try a vegetarian version of this in the future because Brianna doesn't really like ground meats because of the texture. I think this would still be good without meat.

No comments: