Thursday, March 24, 2011

Vegetable Rotini

From: Campbells Quick and Easy Recipes

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups dry rotini or corkscrew macaroni 1 1/2 cups fresh broccoli flowerets 1 1/2 cups fresh cauliflowerets 2 medium carrots, cut into strips 1 can Campbell's condensed broccoli cheese soup (I could only find this at Walmart) 1 package (3 oz) cream cheese 3/4 cup milk 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese 2 Tbsp dijon-style mustard (optional) 1/8 tsp pepper

In a medium saucepan, prepare pasta according to package directions. Add broccoli, cauliflower and carrots for last five minutes of cooking time. Drain in colander. In same saucepan, gradually stir soup in cream cheese; add milk, Parmesan cheese, mustard and pepper. Over low heat, heat until cream cheese is melted, stirring often. Add macaroni and vegetables. Heat through, stirring occasionally.


What I did differently from the recipe:


I used a 16 oz bag of frozen mixed vegetables (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, red peppers and zucchini). I didn't use the dijon-style mustard because I didn't have any open already.

What I'll do differently next time:



Nothing.



Verdict:


Thumbs up!! Man, what with the vegetable pasta I used, frozen vegetables, and the broccoli soup, I probably had enough veggies to last me for a while! I loved the flavor of this. I thought it was just creamy enough and the soup made such a great flavor. Honestly, I could see myself easily throwing this together spontaneously when I need just something quick and mindless to make. And it was so good!! I will definitely be making this again.

No comments: