Sunday, February 20, 2011

Anytime Oatmeal Cookies

No pictures because I am in the process of ordering a new computer... our other computers don't have my camera software on them! Trust me, these cookies looked just as great as they tasted. :)

From: Martha Stewart Living

Ingredients:
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
salt
1 stick butter, room temperature
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup golden raisins

Preheat oven to 350. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp salt into a bowl. Beat butter and sugars until pale and fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla, then flour mixture. Mix in oats, then raisins. Using a tablespoon, drop dough onto greased baking sheets, spacing each scoop about 2 inches apart. Bake until edges are golden, about 14 minutes.

What I did differently from the recipe:
I used regular raisins, not sure what the difference in flavor is.

What I'll do differently next time:
Definitely nothing needs to be changed, but after I had baked some I though, "How delicious would these be with some white chocolate chunks in the batter?" Well, uh, so good! I didn't try that actually but that would be delicious!

Verdict:
Thumbs UP!! SO good. Like, so good I had to force myself to quit eating them because they are supposed to be dessert for tomorrow's lunch. And SO easy! You can't get any better than this when it comes to a cookie recipe!!

2 comments:

Maegan said...

I was wanting to make some oatmeal cookies today and didn't find anything that looked promising on AllRecipes, so I thought I'd check in with you. Its been way too long since I read your blog! Glad to find this and can't wait to try them this afternoon! <3

Amanda said...

Great! I hope you liked these. I thought this was a GREAT recipe!