Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hamburger Cheese Pie

No pictures while my computer is being repaired!!

From: Tracey

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3/4 cup Bisquick
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups milk
3 eggs


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease an 8" pie pan. Cook beef and onion until brown, drain grease, add salt and pepper. Stir. Spread mixture into pie pan. Sprinkle cheese over top. Mix Bisquick, milk and eggs until smooth. Pour over meat and cheese. Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.

What I did differently from the recipe:
Nothing.

What I'll do differently next time:
I'd probably use one less egg the next time.

Verdict:
Thumbs up! This is a recipe that really doesn't sound that appetizing, but when I read it, I thought, "Well, I like every ingredient in here, why shouldn't I like them together?" When Stephen saw it, he simply said, "Gross." BUT. We ate almost the entire thing in one sitting! There was just one small piece left when we finished! It was a really simple, good taste. I could taste the egg which was fine but I think using two eggs instead of three would be just as good and maybe lessen the scrambled egg flavor just a little bit. I do recommend this recipe and I will probably make this again in the future!

No comments: