Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Peanut Butter Jammies

From: ???

Ingredients:
1/3 cup flour
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
jam/jelly



Place peanut butter, sugar and egg in bowl, beat. Add flour and stir. Shape into balls, place on cookie sheet. Press thumb into center. Chill 3 hours. Bake at 375 for 12 minutes. Spoon jam into centers.


What I did differently from the recipe:
Nothing really. I did use honey peanut butter because it's what I had on hand and it's delicious!

What I'll do differently next time:
Nothing.

Verdict:
Thumbs UP!! Can a recipe get any easier than this? As you can see, I used three different types of jams and jellies - raspberry, muscadine grape and pineapple. I'm sure any type of jam or jelly would be delicious in these. I did have to "reprint" my thumb when these came out of the oven because they had puffed up a bit. If you don't have a thumb you can use a spoon. Baby spoons are especially useful. Please note - these are great for that last minute "Was I supposed to bring something to that dinner party??" because surely everyone has these ingredients in their pantry and they literally take less than 20 minutes from start to finish if you don't refrigerate them before cooking.

Printable version:

Ingredients:

1/3 cup flour
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
jam/jelly

Place peanut butter, sugar and egg in bowl, beat. Add flour and stir. Shape into balls, place on cookie sheet. Press thumb into center. Chill 3 hours. Bake at 375 for 12 minutes. Spoon jam into centers.

No comments: