Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Baby Chili

Disclaimer: This is neither chili made from babies nor chili in small batches. It is chili for small children, most likely 10+ months. Just so there's no confusion.

Today as I was making Potluck Beans (recipe forthcoming), I was making only half the recipe, so I wanted to use the other half of everything for something else. Enter Baby Chili. (You can see the small pot of baby ingredients behind the large skillet of adult ingredients!)

Ingredients:
1/2 lb ground venison
about 1/4 of an onion, diced
about 1/2 cup kidney beans, drained and rinsed
about 1/2 cup butter beans, drained and rinsed
pepper
garlic powder




As I cooked the venison, I threw in the onion. I did have to add water because venison makes no liquid when it's cooking. Near the end, I added both types of beans and let it simmer a few minutes. Then I added pepper and garlic powder (just a pinch of each) and mashed it with a potato masher.

Haven't tried this yet with Brianna because it just came off the stove - but I'm excited to see if she likes it!!

No comments: