Saturday, January 2, 2021

Whole 30 Compliant Brands

I am done with Whole 30, but after less than a week I can tell that I am already feeling more sluggish. I can let myself have a little bit of sugar and it feels like I don't want to stop. Those habits (addictions, in a way) are hard to stop. I may want to return to Whole 30, and if I do, I want to remember the brands and foods I loved so much throughout my round. I was so grateful that I could easily find these brands at our local Kroger, Walmart, and Publix.



Aidells chicken sausage - this quickly became a breakfast staple for us! It's pricey, but it's SO good.



I know there are other flavors out there too, such as chipotle. I wasn't brave enough to try anything but the regular flavor. I love it and will continue buying it off round. Funny story - I never realized how much mayo I eat until I bought this. I went through one jar in 13 days. Hahaha!





We bought both brands of compliant ketchup that we could find and the True Made was our favorite. I didn't think the flavor was as good as "regular" ketchup if I was just eating homemade fries with it, but for things like burgers and in recipes, I definitely couldn't tell a difference.



These are the two brands of salad dressing I tried. I liked Italian better. I wish this Ranch was creamier. I guess that's hard to do without dairy!! Honestly, the more salads I ate throughout the month, the less dressing I found I was using anyway. I really appreciated the blend of the veggie flavors in my salad.




Yay for compliant ham! We used this in salads and omelets primarily. It has a great flavor!



Same with this turkey breast! It had a wonderful flavor. It is so hard to find deli meats that don't have sugar added in any form!


Ghee is what you use in place of butter. It is wonderful to cook in. It's pricey, but this container will last us quite a while! From what I've heard it's hard to find one that is tasty and doesn't smell. I didn't think there was anything foul-smelling or tasting about this brand.


Almond flour is one thing I could NOT get into! NO, it does NOT taste like regular flour AT ALL! Hahaha. I won't miss this, but I do think this is a great brand.



This is just a reminder to myself that these hot dogs tasted like turds.


I'm so glad that pickles are compliant! They are useful in EVERY MEAL!


Finding compliant bacon wasn't as hard as I thought it would be either! This is a great brand that was frequently on sale. It's very thin so it was great for fast-cooking or to make BLTs or homemade bacon bits.



Both of these brands of almondmilk are great! I had a rebate on the Simply Almond brand which made it free, but the store brand is just as good. Make sure you get unsweetened so there are no added sugars in any form!


This is the Sam's Club version of the Aidell's chicken sausage I put a picture of up top. It can only be found at Walmart, and not every Walmart. It's $2 cheaper than Aidell's and fully compliant - no sugar at all - so this is a great win!




True Made wins again with their sugar-free barbecue sauce!


We love soy sauce in stir-fry, on our asparagus, with chicken, on veggies... coconut aminos are completely sugar-free and WAY less sodium than soy sauce! I bet you anything you can't tell the difference if you make the switch!

No comments: