Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Tuna Cakes (Whole 30)

 From: The Defined Dish

Ingredients:

  • 2 5-oz cans tuna
  • 1 Tbsp mayonnaise (Primal Kitchen is a great one that is Whole 30 compliant!)
  • 1/4 green bell pepper, finely diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup almond flour
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
For the aioli dipping sauce:
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 Tbsp lemon juice
  • 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
  • salt, to taste

In a bowl, add tuna, egg, 1 Tbsp mayo, bell pepper, garlic, almond flour, salt and pepper. With a fork, mix to combine.

Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop out 1/4 cup of the mixture. Transfer that to your hands and form a patty. Continue until all patties are formed.

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, but not smoking, using a spatula, carefully lay the tuna cakes into the oil and let fry until golden brown, about three minutes.

Using a sturdy spatula, carefully flip and continue to cook on the other side until golden brown, about three more minutes.

Transfer patties onto a plate and sprinkle with salt. Let rest for two minutes before serving.

Combine aioli ingredients, stir to combine.

Serve with aioli and enjoy!


Verdict:
Thumbs up! I love tuna, and honestly I could eat it every day, but I also like fried foods, so this is right up my alley! They didn't take long to cook and they had that great crispy outside that I love. I will note that I had to cook them closer to 6 minutes on each side to get them as brown as I wanted them.

No comments: