Thursday, January 7, 2021

Air Fryer French Toast Sticks

 From: Love Bakes Good Cakes

Ingredients:

  • 12 slices Texas Toast
  • 1 cup milk
  • 5 large eggs
  • 4 tbsp. butter, melted
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tbsp. cinnamon
  • Maple syrup, optional

Slice each bread slice into thirds.
In a bowl, add the milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
In a separate bowl, add the cinnamon and sugar.
Dip each bread stick quickly into the egg mixture.
Sprinkle the sugar mixture onto both sides.
Place into the air fryer basket and cook at 350°F for about 8 minutes or until just crispy.
Remove from basket and allow to cool. Serve with maple syrup, if desired.



Verdict:
Oh my gosh, ALL the thumbs up!! I will say it was harder than I thought to find really thick bread (thank you, Publix, for having Nature's Own Perfectly Crafted bread!) and I was able to slice mine into fourths instead of thirds. Other than that I followed the recipe to the dot! I didn't add a thing to mine, whereas my clearly sugar-obsessed family added both maple syrup AND powdered sugar to theirs. Bahaha!

I don't even like french toast, and I will FIGHT you for these. Wow!!

No comments: