Monday, April 7, 2014

Simple Creamy Carrot Soup

From: Picky Palate

Ingredients:
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 lbs peeled carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 large onion, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp minced garlic
1 sprig of fresh thyme
1 sprig of fresh rosemary
32 ounces chicken broth
2 strips bacon, cooked
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp hot sauce

Place oil in large pot over medium heat. Add carrots, onions, garlic, thyme and rosemary. Cook for 15 minutes, until carrots are fork tender. Remove herb sprigs and transfer carrots and vegetables to blender. Puree. Add chicken broth and continue to puree. Transfer to large saucepan over medium heat and add cooked bacon strips. Season with salt, pepper and hot sauce. Simmer until ready to serve.


 Verdict:
Thumbs up! So, this recipe came about simply because I had no idea what I was going to cook for my parents' lunch the other week. I asked my 3-year old, who promptly replied that I should cook "Carrot soup!" My 4-year old added, "With corn!"  Thanks to Pinterest, I found this delicious recipe. The only thing I did differently is that I did, in fact, add corn to appease my daughter (who refused to taste it, by the way). I think it's pretty funny how everyone kind of cringes when you say the phrase "carrot soup". But the flavor was really great. I could definitely see myself making this again.

No comments: