Monday, April 7, 2014

Applesauce Pancakes

From: The Sisters Cafe

Ingredients:
2 eggs
2 c flour
1 c milk
1 c applesauce
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 c vegetable oil
2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

Beat eggs until fluffy.  Beat in remaining ingredients just until smooth.  Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat or to 375 degrees.  (To test griddle, sprinkle with a few drops of water.  If bubbles jump around, heat is just right.)  Grease griddle.  For each pancake, use slightly less than 1/4 cup batter.  Cook pancakes until bubbly on top and dry around the edges.  Turn to cook other sides until golden brown.



Verdict:
Thumbs up! Okay, seriously such a good recipe. My kids usually want pancakes or waffles 4-6 times a week. I have a great homemade waffle recipe that I don't stray from, but I only have a couple of "okay" pancake recipes. This one is definitely a keeper. The applesauce makes these moist, and they are super thick and fluffy. And yes, you can add whatever you normally add - chocolate chips, bananas, blueberries, etc. Check out the link where I originally got the recipe from - the cinnamon syrup she adds looks amazing although I haven't tried it. And just in case you're wondering, these freeze beautifully. I make one huge batch every couple of weeks and freeze the leftovers.

No comments: